cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 - can’t connect to wireless LAN

ABecker
Apprentice

I’m sure this question has been posted many times before but unfortunately I can’t find one. I just bought this printer & I’m going thru the steps to hook it up, and nothing I try is working. The desktop is not recognizing the printer wirelessly. Looking thru some of the articles on the Canon site, one of them said both the computer and printer need to be on the same WiFi network in order for them to connect, so maybe that’s the problem - but if so, there are no instructions to connect the printer to the WiFi network. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Caemene
Rising Star

Hello ABecker,

If the Easy Connect method is not working for you the Manual Connect may be an easier method. Click HERE for information on connecting the printer to the network using the Manual Connect method. Click HERE for information on connecting the printer to the Windows OS. Click HERE for information on connecting the printer to the Mac OS.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Andy,

Maybe this will help.  It's located on the support page for your printer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Caemene
Rising Star

Hello ABecker,

If the Easy Connect method is not working for you the Manual Connect may be an easier method. Click HERE for information on connecting the printer to the network using the Manual Connect method. Click HERE for information on connecting the printer to the Windows OS. Click HERE for information on connecting the printer to the Mac OS.

Thanks to both of you for the advice.  The other night I did try the manual method, used the IP address and it worked!

I have a TR8620.  I also have an EERO PRO 6.  I had WPA3 turned on - I had to turn it off to get the printer to work.

Just wanted to add for anyone else looking, this is also what worked for me.

Announcements