Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 auto detect error - paper feed error - and paper jam error

srobin2010
Apprentice

Hello!

I have a canon TR8520 that exhibits the following issues:

1) When I use the ADF to scan a document, I always get the message that the paper has jammed after it has passed through. When I remove the paper and press the indicated button for the TR8520 to 'roll through and reset', it states there is a paper jam and asks me to remove the paper and press the indicated button.

You can visualize the madness when I press the button and the printer says 'paper jam - press the button'. Then I press the button and the printer says 'paper jam - press the button'. Then I press the button the printer says 'paper jam' press the button (yes, that was as painful to type as it is to experience what I'm describing). The only way to break this cycle is to hold the power button down to cycle the printer off then back on again.

2) When I need to scan a document that is smaller than a sheet of paper (which requires me to just use the platen), the TR8520 does not automatically scan the document that is ALREADY on the platen. It cycles the ADF and because there is no paper in there - see issue #1 above.

At this point, I'm reduced to just printing things and scanning full single page documents (even though I get the error message, the software processes the full scan and allows me to save and use it).

Any help on how to help get my TR8520s mind right - I'm all ears. Thanks in advance for your help. 

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the causes of your feeding issues. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The contact us link does not work

Our apologies!  You can use the link here to register your product and find personalized support https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Announcements