cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 Support Code 1240 Bypass?

artexetra
Apprentice

For no obvious reason, this family of printers apparently requires the operation panel (OP) to be open in order to print. This is annoyingly inconvenient and unsightly. The printer's clean lines are ruined with its mouth gaping open and its effective footprint balloons considerably. If the OP is closed, the user must physically go to the printer and open it, which is ridiculous. Does anyone know a bypass? Canon: please rethink this horrible design decision or release a firmware/software fix!

5 REPLIES 5

mercadml
Apprentice

Has anybody figured out a way to bypass this feature?  I had a very old Canon PIXMA and it opened automatically.  This is very annoying and since my printer is new I am considering returning it for a full refund and buying s different brand.  Any suggestions?

akarim
Apprentice

DID ANYONE FIGURE THIS OUT??? @cannon we're looking at you...

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi artexetra,

I checked into the options available for the 1240 message for you. Unfortunately, there is not a work around for the 1240 error. The operation panel has sensors built into it and if it detects that it is in the closed position, you will get a 1240.

Thanks for your reply, Hector.  Would have been nice to have heard back less than two years after I posted my query but better late than never.

I get the Support 1240 code on my Pixma TR8520, saying the operation panel is closed WHEN THE OPERATION PANEL IS OPEN!!  It is SO annoying to have to go through the open the  paper tray, etc. routine ALMOST EVERY TIME I PRINT.  My printer is only a month old. Hope this is covered by the warranty.

Announcements