cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 Scanner Error

daisee
Apprentice

I have a Mac ; run Yosemite OS 10.10.5

I can not connect to the scanner - Error has occur connecting.

I downloaded the Mac version for IJ Canon Scan Utility Lite.

When using IJ Utility from my Mac - "Cannot communicate with scanner".

I checked twice the LAN wireless is connected to the router.

I can print from my Mac without issues.

From the Home menu on the printer there is not an option to save  a scanned docment to a MAC???

If this can not be solved I am returning the product tomorrow - just purchased the printer today.

Box clearly state OS 10.10.5 - Is this false advertising?

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi daisee.

Check the printer's signal strength in its network settings.  We recommend at least 70% for regular use, though printing may sometimes occur at lower signal strengths.  For scanning, you may need ~80% or better.

• Note: if the signal strength is 100%, make sure the printer is at least ~2 ft from the router. If it's too close, the "noise"" of the connection may cause symptoms similar to being too far away.

If the IJ Scan Utility is still unable to detect and scan with the "TR8500 series", check that your security software is set to allow the IJ Scan Utility to communicate, and that your System and Security settings are not restricting data between the IJ Scan Utility and the printer.  More information about your computer's settings are availble through Apple's support site (non-Canon link: http://support.apple.com)

If this is a time-sensitive matter, you may click HERE to search our knowledge base, or create/log into a Canon Account and register your printer HERE for additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements