cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 Printer...error

Enduser
Apprentice

My TR8520 will not print copies of PDF's from my e-mail location.  I have re-installed the operating CD...anbd nothing changed.  All other types of computer related printing requests are completed with no difficulty.  On occasion, a message appears on the bottom right of the computer screen..."8500 in error state"...no e3rror messages appear on the units oiperating screen.  Nothing results from the normal printing request...other than the selection request fades from the computer screen.  The error notation appears almost in a "ghost type" instance...very seldmon

ANY IDEAS???

5 REPLIES 5

George_-
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Enduser,

Please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least five minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  If the error continues to show, please let us know which operating system (ie. Windows 10 or OS X 10.13) you have on your computer, as well as if the printer is connected wirelessly or via USB cable.

If this issue is a time sensitive issue, please click HERE for information about contacting telephone support.

Does this help resolve the issue described?  If so, please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the follow-=up.  The unit is coupled to s Surface Pro III with a "10" operating system.  The wireless connection is via satilite feed at my home...I have not tried a UBC cord...however, I have tied relocating the unit with in the room.  Obviously to no avail.

Unhooked the power cord for about (15) minutes...no change.What strikes me as strange...I can print from Canon's installed manual, I can print from "notepad or word"...yet it does not even print (though no error message appears...other than the occassional Canon 8500 print error (on the Surface Pro screen).  The actual request seems to transmit correctly but no printing is iniated.  We did replace the ink cartridges just before this all began, and I have check to make sure trhey are p[roperly "clicked in".

I do appreciate your adding the note for follow-up by phone ...I had not noticed the number in my installed operators manual until your add-on clicked back to the manual...

@George_- wrote:

Hi Enduser,

Please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least five minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  If the error continues to show, please let us know which operating system (ie. Windows 10 or OS X 10.13) you have on your computer, as well as if the printer is connected wirelessly or via USB cable.

If this issue is a time sensitive issue, please click HERE for information about contacting telephone support.

Does this help resolve the issue described?  If so, please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am pretty green, when it comes to this "chat type" responding...I just wrote a lenghty reply to you regarding your kind assistance.  I pulled the cord for at least (15) minutes...no change in the difficulty...tried (2) PDF's several times.  No luck!  The printer is coupled with a Surfsce ProIII and is "wireless" (I have tried several locations in the room to check for a possble linjk to the wireless system we have via satilite.

What has struck me as strange...I can print fdrom the CANON installed operators manual, I can print from "notepad or word"....the printer will print out a "shakedown request"...just not from e-mails.

When I first purchsed the unit...I did have sveral e-mails (billings, confirmation number notificatios...) very few and far between which wopuild not print freom my e-mail account.  I would find them printed out later in some cases...only had two which never would print and I considered them a "security type snafoo

The only thing which would be "abnormal" for most owner/operators...I must turn my computer off after each session, because we live with the satilie system in the mountains and "interruptions occur" from "self-installing Microsoft"downloaded up-dates...if the interruption happens during these downloads it "locks the computer up".  Hence, we have had to turn the Surface Pro III off after every use...

Just wrote this out again, with the added info...as I was unable to get it to post that time...

@George_- wrote:

Hi Enduser,

@George_- wrote:

Hi Enduser,

I am pretty green, when it comes to this "chat type" responding...I just wrote a lenghty reply to you regarding your kind assistance.  I pulled the cord for at least (15) minutes...no change in the difficulty...tried (2) PDF's several times.  No luck!  The printer is coupled with a Surfsce ProIII and is "wireless" (I have tried several locations in the room to check for a possble linjk to the wireless system we have via satilite.

What has struck me as strange...I can print fdrom the CANON installed operators manual, I can print from "notepad or word"....the printer will print out a "shakedown request"...just not from e-mails.

When I first purchsed the unit...I did have sveral e-mails (billings, confirmation number notificatios...) very few and far between which wopuild not print freom my e-mail account.  I would find them printed out later in some cases...only had two which never would print and I considered them a "security type snafoo

The only thing which would be "abnormal" for most owner/operators...I must turn my computer off after each session, because we live with the satilie system in the mountains and "interruptions occur" from "self-installing Microsoft"downloaded up-dates...if the interruption happens during these downloads it "locks the computer up".  Hence, we have had to turn the Surface Pro III off after every use...

Just wrote this out again, with the added info...as I was unable to get it to post that time...

Hi Enduser,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

Announcements