cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 Leave power on or off

mikech
Apprentice

I have a new TR 8520, do I leave it powered up all the time or shut it off overnight?  Its the old question about which way does the ink cartidges dry out faster.

Also, if its powered off and a FAX comes in - will it turn itself on to receive the fax?  Does the "door" need to be "open" to receive a fax and/or copy?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Mikech,

The printer will use the ink the same way if you leave it on or if you turn it off when it's not being used. The main thing to keep track of will be the way you turn it off. To turn the printer off properly, use the power button. If you cut the power to the printer by turning off a surge protector or switch, the printer will not know how long it has been off and will perform a cleaning of the printhead.

When the printer is off, you will not be able to receive faxes. If the printer is on, you can receive faxes with the tray open or closed, but they will not print unless the tray is in the open position.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Mikech,

The printer will use the ink the same way if you leave it on or if you turn it off when it's not being used. The main thing to keep track of will be the way you turn it off. To turn the printer off properly, use the power button. If you cut the power to the printer by turning off a surge protector or switch, the printer will not know how long it has been off and will perform a cleaning of the printhead.

When the printer is off, you will not be able to receive faxes. If the printer is on, you can receive faxes with the tray open or closed, but they will not print unless the tray is in the open position.

Thanks for the heads up on the power strip information and the answer to my question.

Announcements