cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 LCD panel scan not performing action

raptor1010001
Apprentice

Hey all,

Assisting a friend with setting up a new TR8520.  All is well (print normal paper, print photo paper, scan using the IJ Scan Utility both on glass or ADF, can copy pages using the LCD), but we have one problem with the "Scan" feature from the LCD panel.

Whether the paper is is in the ADF or one the glass, we press "Scan", then "Save to PC" (or even "Attach to E-mail" for that matter), and choose either Black or Color, the TR8520 sits there with a "Processing... Please wait momentarily." message until it times out.  There's no indication the scanner is doing anything nor does the ADF try to grab the paper.  There are no prompts on the computer either.  I've tried disabling the firewall and A/V, but I don't think that's the issue as we're connecting via USB. 

Once it times out we are back to the scan set up screen where we can select the document type, choose the source, or press Black or Color.  Really perplexed here because everything else is working perfectly.  My friend had a Pixma MX922 previously that worked like a champ and we're trying to get this TR8520 set up to replace the MX922 (the MX922 is failing to grab paper and is jamming--seems like it's just worn out).

Any assistance would be great!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi raptor1010001,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi raptor1010001,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements