cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 Doesn't go to sleep, it just shuts off.

Evolution13
Apprentice

My printer seems to be shutting off entirely if I don't use it for more than a couple hours. It goes compeletely dark, and if I try to print something, nothing happens unless I actually go into the other room and hit the power button. I once set tried to print something, went to bed, 10 hours later, printer's still dark, but after pressing the power button and letting it boot up,  the job from last night printed out!

The first thing I tried when I noticed this was to update the firmware, this seemed to fix it for about a day, then it went back to it's old habits. I'm hoping there's something in settings that I've overlooked. This is the first printer I've ever used that acted this way.  Any help is appreciated, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Evolution13,

I recommend making sure that the Auto Power on setting is not turned off. Please click HERE and scroll down to the Using Power Saving function setting. When you change Auto power to on, the printer will turn back on when a print or scan job is sent to the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Evolution13,

I recommend making sure that the Auto Power on setting is not turned off. Please click HERE and scroll down to the Using Power Saving function setting. When you change Auto power to on, the printer will turn back on when a print or scan job is sent to the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements