cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8500 Series Printer Defaulting to Send Fax and not Printing

Butch2nd
Apprentice

I recently purchased the above-referenced printer. It's been working fine. But the other day I accidentally selected the TR8500 Fax icon as my default (in Windows 7 Control Panel Devices & Printers). When I reset the default to theTR8500 Series Printer icon I decided to delete the Fax icon since I will never use the printer fax mode.. Interestingly enough, now when I try to print, it defaults to the Send Fax function of the printer even though the icon was deleted in Device & Printers and the Printer icon is set as the default! So nothing prints out. How can it possibly default to the Send Fax function when the TR8500 Fax icon has been deleted from Devices & Printers?!? How do I restore the print function? Appreciate any help someone can give me.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Grab the latest drivers from Canon's website.

T8500 Drivers

Delete all instances from Device and Printers.  Uninstal the driver(s) from Programs and Features.  Restart.

Reinstall the printer. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick! Yesterday I was thinking that the only solution left was to revert back to a clean install of the printer drivers. You've graciously confirmed it for me! Really appreciate it! I will post the result (which I anticipate will be successful of course).

Butch2nd
Apprentice

Reinstalled printer drivers and eveything works! Very simple fix!

Announcements