cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR7520 printer scanner bogus 2801 error

steve7
Apprentice

I have a cannon pixma TR7520 printer scanner. The printer gives a false error code 2801 indicating that The Auto Document Feeder  is jammed and stops scanning . I have disconnected power and tried recommended trouble shooting
steps with no luck. Any ideas ? Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi steve7,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BillS
Mentor

Hi steve7,

Support code 2801 does indeed indicate a jam at the document feeder, which need not be a full sheet of paper. 

To make sure there is not an issue with the scanning element itself, are you able to scan from the platen glass?

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you BillS:

Yes , the scanner operates from the platen glass. The scanner is also able to feed and scan a single page or multi-page  document through the ADF successfully.

The error occurs when the last page has completed being scanned and as the last page is being ejected from the  ADF  . The ADF documnet count is always off by one. For example , If I load 3 originals , the ADF scans them and then uses the scangear app to report that it has scanned 4 originals. The ADF then reports the ADF jammed error error that is shown in the Scangear app and the printer panel. It seeems as if the ADF thinks that it should have scanned 4 originals instead of 3 , concludes that original 4 is stuck ADF and reports an error.   This is unacceptable because I cannot then flip the document over and continue scanning in the case of a double-sided document. 

Thank you for your help. I really apreciate it. Steve

Hi steve7,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements