cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR4527 produces dull colours

reduxitnb
Apprentice

I purchased a new TR4527 and am using it with two MacBook Pro laptops. I have everything setup fine except that the colours it produces are not acceptable. They are dull, not bright. When I go to the manual for advice it gives me lots of info for Windows adjustments but nothing for Macs. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make my printer produce more vibrant colours? Thx.

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What paper are you using? Matte paper will subdue many saturated colors.

Do you calibrate your computer's display and printer as well? If not, you may be dealing with situations where what you see on your display is not what you'll get in the printed output.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I'm using regular copy paper. I'm speaking about printing text with colours incorporated into the various words. My previous Canon - MP280 worked well in that regard, without ever having to make any adjustments. To make a comparison, I printed a Word (.docx) file I had on hand and compared it to a copy I had in my filing cabinet. The difference was striking. I hesitate to try printing any photos on photo paper on my new one.

Just want to let everyone (who's interested) know that my problem was completely resolved when I bought and installed new ink cartridges from the store, thereby replacing the introductory ones which came "in the box". I suspected that might be the issue, and I was right.

But I have to say that I was, and still am, terribly upset with the printer's documentation which Canon supplied with the printer. I am a longtime Mac user and as such, felt as though I was being punished by Canon for being so. The information for almost every aspect of the printer's set-up and operation was directed to Windows users, with nods to Mac grudgingly inserted because they had to.

If I wasn't a dedicated Canon printer user I would surely look elsewhere for my printing needs because of my (admittedly perceived) slight.

Announcements