cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR4520 won't print from PC, but PC can control the printer wirelessly.

CadGuy1960
Apprentice

I have been able to print to my TR4520 from any of the PCs in my house, but just recently the TR4520 will not print anything out.  The wireless connection appears to be OK -- I can check the ink levels, connect up to the printer via the RemoteUI, can change settings, align the print head remotely, etc. However, when I print any document to the printer from my PC, the document goes to the print queue and just sits there with a status of "printing".

To attempt to fix things, I updated the firmware on the printer to the latest version, reinstalled the drivers on my PC, rebooted everything several times over, but nothing works.  The printer will print out the sheet used for print head alignment, so the problem does not appear to be related to the ink cartridges and such.  According to the Remote UI, t\both the link quality and signal strength indicators sit around between 55 to 70%

This is rather frustrating since there does not seem to be anything that is obviously wrong.  Does anybody have any idea?

1 REPLY 1

CadGuy1960
Apprentice

I should also add I am using WIndows 10 and the printer model is a PIXMA TR4520 that is hooked up to the network via WiFi. All PCs in the network can see this printer but none can print on it any longer.  The printer had been working a few days ago. The only only other event was that I replaced the color print cartridge with a new one from Canon.

Announcements