cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR4520 Won't print or connect to utilities, but will scan. REGRET MY PURCHASE!

wolfman6
Apprentice

I am constantly having trouble with my TR4520 printer. One day it will print, the next day it won't. I am connecting wirelessly. My computer recognizes the printer as being connected, but whatever I send to the printer won't print. Yes, the printer is on. Yes, it has paper. Yes, Yes, Yes! Even the Canon IJ Printer Assistant Tools will not connect. Message: Maintenance setting information cannot be acquired.  The displayed information may be different from the current settings. OR if I try to do a head cleaning or something, it says it cannot be performed, check that the power is on, yada, yada, yada. If I click View Printer Status, a box pops up and says the printer is not responding.

I really regret buying this printer. It has been the biggest headache of any printer I have ever owned - and I am not exaggerating when I say that. All I do is fight with this **bleep** thing, uninstall the drivers, reinstall, get the constant errors, print one day and not the next. It's maddening!

The IJ Network Setup Utility connects, but then won't give any information requested. It connects, says the printer and computer are communicating. Then in the main window, the printer is listed and information is there such as IP address, Mac address, etc. But below that it says "Cannot communicate with the printer".

WTF????? Why are there so many problems with this? I downloaded the latest drivers tonight and updated the firmware - yeah, it connected to do that, but the thing still won't print!

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi wolfman6,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements