cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR 8520 printing problems

Tjfeast
Contributor

I previously had the MX 922 and loved it, until it just stopped printing.  I bought the TR 8520 thinking it would be a quick plug and play...not.

I cannot consistently get this printer to print.  After I got it set-up it was printing fine.  Now I can't get it to print from a word doc.  I'm using a wireless connection.  The print display shows the doc is printing, but it is not.  I try to cancel and reprint, no luck.  I reboot computer, turn off / on the printer, no luck.  

Appreciate any help.

9 REPLIES 9

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

We need to know what OS you are using the printer with?

What I suspect.  Printer is connecting to your router using DHCP.  Its IP address is changing and your computer and/or other devices on your network canot find the printer at it's last known or previous IP. 

Simple to resolve.  Assign the printer a staic IP.  Remove the printer and its driver from your windows / MAC computer, uninstall and reinstall its driver. 

Obviously, we know nothing about your environment.  But this is probably a good place to start.  Once the printer is not a "moving target" I believe you will not have issues printing.  The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for us to try and help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I am using windows 10

I have tried re-installing, thinking it would overwrite the previous install. Not sure how to remove printer and driver from the computer?

And I'm not sure how to assign the printer a static IP

Tjfeast
Contributor
Interesting thing, I can print from my phone (android) but not my laptop. I can scan to my laptop.

Greetings,

This is the master set up installer for your printer.  It contains all of the > drivers and software needed for basic operation of the TR8520.

Removing a Printer from windows 10:

Start Menu  > Control Panel > Device and Printers

When the window opens, right-click on the printer and select "Remove Device"

Uninstalling the Software:

Start Menu > Control Panel > Programs and Features

Open this dialog and select the program or software you wish to uninstall.  Select uninstall at the top of the list.

Note: Good idea to restart your machine afterwards

Static IP:

Once a device, (any device) is connected to your router (wired or wirelessly), it will appear in a list of attached devices.  This is in the routers admin portal or user interface.  Just about any router, even the one supplied by your ISP supports assigning a reserved or static IP address for a device.  It does this using the network adapters MAC address.  This is a unique identifier and allows you to tell the router "when a device with this MAC address connects", give it this IP address.

Moving forward, the router will always give the same IP adress to this device, regardless of when it was last used or turned on.  While setting a static IP is not a requirement, it does simplify and keep things orderly because it allows you to positively identify a device on your network at a destination (IP) which doesn't change.

During normal use, many devices come and go from your home network.  Friends, family members, etc stop by or visit and connect their devices.  They can get different IP's each time they connect.  This can affect your ability to connect to devices which are constant, like your printer.   

You obviously have some level of connectivity because some of the printers features work from different devices. I recommend the above since it takes the "uncertainty" out of the equation and puts you in control. 

Other possible causes of intermittent connectivity or function can result from 3rd party antivirus software.  Are you running any?

Benefits of the above.  Only has to be done once.  The device (printer) can always be found or identified.  Doesn't matter oif you use it everyday or once a year. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I really appreciate your help, but I'm getting nowhere.  I removed the device, I uninstalled the software, but was not sure how to setup the Static IP and don't understand why it should be necessary.  (Not sure if I should somehow reset the printer to factory defaults??) I get to step 3 of the setup (Test Print), and the printer does not print a test page (again).  No on-screen instructions appear for me to follow. The Print Queue shows the document printing, but it does not print.  I cancel the document and it just shows the document "deleting."  Unless you have some other tricks up your sleeve, I'm going to have to return this POS.

I'm hoping I can return it without a restocking charge.

Hi Tjfeast,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same problem. I miss my 922. On the phone with your support for long time. No luck. waiting on reply from Best Buy for retrurn.

Announcements