cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Error Code 1681

MeDo2
Contributor

Error says I have more than one of the same colored ink cassettes installed.  This is not the case!  All ink cassettes are as they should be.  But my small black # 251 is highlighted as the problem.  All of the cassettes are newly replaced!

3 REPLIES 3

Abel
Enthusiast

Hi, MeDo2!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know which Canon printer model you own, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE to search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

additional information for my 6/11/21 posting:  model of printer is MG5422.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Medo2,

That error would mean that the printer is having a problem detecting the ink in the printer. That message will usually point to more than one of the same ink loaded or an ink tank loaded into the wrong slot. In this situation I would suggest removing all of the ink tanks and then turning the printer off and on with all of the ink out of the printer. Once the printer is back on, you can reload the ink and then close the front.

If you still have the issue when the ink has been reloaded, it will usually point to a problem with the ink or the hardware. In this situation you can try replacing the ink tank that is flashing to see if it resolves the issue.

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some additional troubleshooting steps, we would need some extra information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What does it show for the ink tank model number and country when you look at the label for the black tank that is causing the error?
  2. What is the order of the tanks from left to right when look at the loaded tanks in the printer?
Announcements