cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Code 2804 on Canon MX922

Skeleton567
Contributor

Support Code 2804 MDF failure to scan.  'doc size not suitable for duplex scanning'.  Win 7, Pixma MX922

Tech support tried valiantly to figure this out but could not, so I'll share my solution.  I suddenly kept getting Support Code 2804 failure on MDF after duplex scanning several hundred pages of docs to PFD files.  Three calls to TS yielded nothing but a guess that document paper had some kind of security to prevent scanning.  I've not heard of that, but it was a clue that I researched. 

Here my answer to the 2804 failure, but it's not good.  Scanner feeds first page, and displayed the error saying doc size not suitable for duplex scanning.  All you can do is clear the error  

Measure your document.  Printer docs say ADF will work with 4x6 and 8.5x11.  Read that literally.  My financial institution switched to a 8.5x10.3 page size.  When I got to those docs, the error began.  I have not yet experimented on the MINIMUM document length, but the 10.3 definitely fails. 

This appears to me to be something that could be fixed.  Not sure if is hardware of software, but is a definite drawback to an otherwize good scan process.    

6 REPLIES 6

Tiffany

Hi Skeleton567!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the computer operating system you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any error messages or other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

Current system is Windows 7 64 bit.  I would be surprised if this is related to OS.  Appears to me that it is either a driver or Canon Quick Menu software 'feature'. 

Hello Skeleton567,

Does this issue occur when you scan letter size paper?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ebony,  I'll spell out specifically what could be inferred from my post.  11 inch paper works, 10.3 inch paper fails.  I'm not sure at what point between those two lengths the failure begins.  Some experimentation with various lengths could more precisely determine that, but Canon should do that research themselves.  The point is that it makes no sense to me that this limitation exists.  The mechanism should continually feed whatever size, within reason, that is fed as long as it detects more pages.  Obviously as some point the doc will be too short to feed correctly, but a difference of seven tenths of an inch is reasonable to expect functionality to continue.  Having 42 years of software development behind me, I really feel this issue can be fixed programaticly, be it driver or application.

pagirl50
Apprentice

I have this same issue with documents from my financial institution; can scan from the glass but when scanning multiple pages double-sided, this is very inefficient.  Seems that Canon should be able to offer a software fix for this problem.

racanon1
Apprentice

Canon are you still listening?

Where are the settings for ADF coming from?

What should I try?

Announcements