Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Support Code 1403- install Correct Print Head?- I have a pixma MG5522

So glad to have helped. These random error messages can drive a person crazy. 

New Contributor

Hey angrycustomer ...

So I turned it on, pressed continuously on menu ... no luck. Went straight to support code. Did you press and hold down? I've unplugged and removed the printer head and done just about as much as I possibly can. When it works, it's great - just want to resolve this. Can you upload a video to youtube maybe?
Occasional Contributor

when I turn on my MG6320(after error code 1403) on the LCD is says CANON thru the noisy startup. No Maintainence button to push. Any other suggestions?

Product Expert

Hi CarArt,

If the display does not show any functions, let's start by reseating the print head.  I have included full instructions for doing so HERE.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Occasional Contributor

ok, followed directions but get to "remove print head" and it won't come out. Pulled the front tab(Bk GY Y....) and it came forward to the stop but a half inch or so. Using more force than I care to but it's not coming out any further.

Occasional Contributor

sorry, was pulling the whole tray. Got the head out. will try to reinstall. 

Occasional Contributor

so I tried that twice. Said Processing... Support code 1403

Occasional Contributor

3x, carefully. Processing... error code 1403

Product Expert

Hi CarArt,

If  the error persists after reseating the print head, it is recommended that you contact live technical support at this point. There is NO charge for this call. While we understand that forum may be the preferred method, the real time feedback of a live technical support agent would be very beneficial in your case and allow us the opportunity to more efficiently assist you. Please call our special toll-free number at (866) 261-9362 for support. Representatives are available to assist you Monday - Friday from 10 AM to 10 PM EST (excluding holidays).

Please feel free to contact us again if you have any other questions or concerns.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cannon support delete my messages here about my method to fight with 1403 Smiley LOL insted help us Heart

Try to do next steps:

1) Remove all cartridges and trays

2) Diconect power cord

3) Connect power cord and turn printer on

4) When printer turned on - probably you will get messages about cartridges.

5) Install them, put tray with paper back

6) Push Menu button, than go to Maintenance -> Auto Head Alignment

7) It will take 5-10 min and you Done!

For my printer I get 1403 every 500-1000 pages. Cat Mad