cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Code 1403- install Correct Print Head?- I have a pixma MG5522

AllysonDostal
Apprentice

I have never had any issues with this printer until now. It wont let me do anything and says I need to Install the Correct Print Head. It was bought with all origional pieces? What do I need to do?

I seen someone else post about this issue and I followed there guidlines but they had a slightly different printer and didnt have the same interior as mine.

I restarted the printer, took out all the ink cartridges as what was said to do and looked for the grey lever they were talking about but I dont think mine has one?

Any way the printer is still on support code 1403 so someone please help!

Thanks

79 REPLIES 79

knightstalkerbo
Apprentice

Was printing something from my phone for the first time, and after 2 pages the printer ground to a stop displaying this error. Checked all the ink carts, all show red lamp ever after removing and re-installing them. Now what??

Frustration0
Apprentice

I just tried several times to reseat the print head, which has never given me problems, nor have I ever done anything to it to cause this.

I'm still getting the red-outlined warning that the Type of print head is incorrect (really? same one as it's always been)

After being a loyal Canon customer for over 25 years, this is it.

About to go on Amazon to buy a new printer and it will NOT be Canon.

angrycustomer
Contributor

MX922 to the list! Error 1403 "The type of print head is incorect. Install the correct print head" happened when I was printing!

I took other head from different mx922 (because I have seven of them!) and printer works just fine, it means the old head is dead. Just replace it - and your printer will work again! No problem at all, right Canon? Oh wait... whole new printer costs $70 on amazon, and just one printhead - $75. Hey, Canon where I can buy new printhead for $10? What? 

PS I bought that printer 15 months ago

Never Canon Again!

I have a MG7550 which was working perfectly until suddenly this 1403 message came up so I couldn't do anything with the machine. Couldn't use the scanner or copier. Tried all the usual stuff removing cartridges, cleaning the electrics on the cartridges, turning on and off blah blah. Nothing. Then I tried turning the machine on but before it finished going into printing mode with all the whirring and clicking that involves, I got to the start up screen and chose set up, maintenance, clean or adjust device, then auto print head alignment.  The display was indicating the levels of the ink on all the cartridges so I figured out that that it had decided it did recognise them after all!

Anyway after it had done the print head alignment I did some normal printing and it worked fine. 

No more error message.

WeeHAH!

It does not allow us to get to maintenance on the MX922 ... or settings while warming up ... just does it's thing, goes to code ... and you're stuck. 

jcship99, thanks! I tried to do that with my broken mx922 - and it works!!! Here is a summary what you need to try if you got Error 1403 on Canon MX922:

0) Put few pages of paper

1) Connect power cord, turn the printer on

2) Start to click continuously on "Menu" button (while printer is booting)

3) When printer turned on - you will be in that Menu, than go to Maintenance -> Auto Head Alignment

4) It will take 5-10 min and you Done!

I hope it will help you! 

Now my mx922 is working fine! Thanks!

UPDATE: After ~400 pages I got the same error again. I repeated the same steps - and printer works again

So glad to have helped. These random error messages can drive a person crazy. 

Hey angrycustomer ...

So I turned it on, pressed continuously on menu ... no luck. Went straight to support code. Did you press and hold down? I've unplugged and removed the printer head and done just about as much as I possibly can. When it works, it's great - just want to resolve this. Can you upload a video to youtube maybe?

Problem solved! It made my day! Thanks real-life hero!

Congratulation Shirley.

What magic trick did you use?

Announcements