cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Code 1403- for pixma MG5522

Jgustafson254
Apprentice

For reasons I do not understand, this error popped up, and despite my best attempts to find out how to remove the print head to clean it, I cannot find out how to do it for this PARTICULAR model ANYWHERE.  The links I have seen posted on the forums show either a lever to lift (which this does not have), or shows the back portion where the print head is pop out when pulled up and forward.  Mine has metal clips on either side which appear to prevent it from moving, and I am not sure how it is supposed to be removed without breaking it.

I have been a loyal canon user for cameras and printers, but I have had so many problems with this printer, I am seriously considering moving on to a different brand.  Please help to restore my faith in you guys.  How do I remove the print head!!!

Thanks!

Jen

2 REPLIES 2

KDef
Enthusiast
Check this link out. Step 6 is likely the step you're missing (pull the lever forward)

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143852&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If the 1403 error persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements