cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6620 Suddenly getting error code 15, 156, 0

Luka
Apprentice

Trying to scan using my Canon Pixma 6620 and repeatedly getting code 15, 156, 0 as well as a note that printer is off or USB is unplugged.  Printer is on and USB is plugged in - have also re-booted and no dice.  I did up my Mac's software yesterday to 10.11 - could that be the problem? Help?

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Luka,

Reinstalling your PIXMA MG6620 should resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Open the hard drive (Macintosh HD).

2. Open the 'Library' folder.

3. Open the 'Printers' folder.

4. Open the 'Canon' folder.

5. Send the 'BJ Printer' folder to the trash.

6. Return to the 'Library' folder.

7. Open the 'Receipts' folder.

8. Locate any items related to your printer and send them to the trash. However, leave the 'Canon Printer Drivers.pkg' file in the folder.

9. Return to the 'Library' folder.

10. Open 'Image Capture'.

11. Open the 'Twain Data Sources' folder.

12. Send any Canon files related to your printer to the trash.

13. Restart your computer.

14. Empty the trash.

Once removed, please download the latest driver for your PIXMA MG6620:

1. Visit Canon's website at: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

2. Type PIXMA MG6620 in the "Enter Your Model Name" box and click GO.

3. On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.

4. Under Recommended For You, please click on the MG6600 series Full Driver & Software Package.

5. If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

6. Click the Download button.

7. A File Download box should appear. When it does, select Save.

8. Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.

9. Double click [mac-mg6600-1_1-mcd.dmg] to begin installation of your PIXMA MG6620.

Follow the prompts to reinstall your PIXMA MG6620, once installed, please attempt to scan.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

WarrenZ
Apprentice

If you have a Mac this is what I did and it worked for me.
1 - Place image in scanner.
2 - Turn it on.
3 - Go to System Preferences
4 - Click on Printers and Scanners
5 - Click on the Scan button at the top center of the box
6 - Click on the open Scanner button. A grey Scanner box will appear.
7 - Push start on your Scanner and scanning will commence. I hope this helps.

Thanks bro, I just got the same problem this afternoon, and it did work and help a lot!

But it also means that the original problem of "15, 156, 0" still exist right Smiley Very Happy?

It's an end run around the problem I know. But hey if it works. 😉

This is the first time I've bothered to register for these help threads.  Thanks so much WarrenZ for this work around on my canon MX490.  In my 25 years of home computing I have been so sick and tired of every printer I've had to deal with.  Can't HP, Kodak, Canon, Epson or any company get a printer right!!!!!!! I have wanted to throw each brand against the wall for one reason or another and many for the same reason. Pretty much every time I have a deadline and I have needed a blasted print out and I am racing around and pulling out all the stops and my hair to get a page printed off.  STOP MAKING PRINT CARTRIDGES COMMUNICATE WITH THE PRINTER! IT DOESNT WORK RIGHT.........EVER!

Announcements