cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly getting Code:5,202,54 when trying to use Navigator MP EX4.0

maineman42
Contributor

I have been using Navigator MP EX4.0 with a PIXMA MG5220 multifunction printer successfully for a long time but now am suddenly getting Code:5,202,54 and the scan fails.  I have done all that I can think of to do, have turned the printer off/on, reboted the computer and uninstalled/reinstalled the utility (several times) with no success.  There is apparently no longer live Tech Support from Canon for my product (which I have to admit does bother me somewhat) and this forum seems to be my only means of support.  I use the scanner function a lot and depend on it, so I hope that someone here can help me solve this problem.  Any assistance would most certainly be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi maineman42,

Uninstalling then re-installing the drivers should resolve the scanning issue described.

Please use the following steps to uninstall MP Drivers:

1. Hold down the Windows button + letter R on your keyboard to display the RUN dialog box.

2. Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.

3. Select Canon MG5200 series MP Drivers then click Uninstall.

4. Follow the prompts to complete the process.

The deletion of the MP Drivers is complete.

5. Download then install the latest version of MG5200 series MP Drivers from our website.

9. Once the driver is installed, attempt to scan using the MP Navigator EX program.

Did these steps eliminate the error described in your question? If so, please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks!

Thank you very much for your prompt response!  I am running Windows 10 Home Version 1803, fully updated.  The printer is connected via USB and the copy functions works fine so there is apparently nothing inherently wrong with the scanner.  I also have a subscription to Windows 365, for what that is worth!

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

What is the entire error that occurs with the MP Navigator?  Also, try disabling any firewall programs running on the computer.  Does the same error occur when this is done?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The anti-virus/firewall (VIPRE Advanced Security) was disabled with the same result.

What appears on the popup is as follows:

"ScanGear

X Internal Error occurred

Scanner driver will be closed

Code:5,202,54"

Hi maineman42,

Uninstalling then re-installing the drivers should resolve the scanning issue described.

Please use the following steps to uninstall MP Drivers:

1. Hold down the Windows button + letter R on your keyboard to display the RUN dialog box.

2. Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.

3. Select Canon MG5200 series MP Drivers then click Uninstall.

4. Follow the prompts to complete the process.

The deletion of the MP Drivers is complete.

5. Download then install the latest version of MG5200 series MP Drivers from our website.

9. Once the driver is installed, attempt to scan using the MP Navigator EX program.

Did these steps eliminate the error described in your question? If so, please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

George, thanks for the reply!  Having done something similar (several times!) I was skeptical that this would yield any different result.  However, to my surprise and delight Navigator EX4.0 is now working properly again.  Thank you very much!

Okay, but why do I have to do this every single time I need to scan something?

Announcements