cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange issue with MG 7720

tae111
Contributor

I am having a strange issue with my MG7720. I use only Canon ink. My c271xl magenta tank that is a little more than 1/3 full is all the suddon showing a message that the printer does not recognize that tank and now it will not print any document.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, tae111!

You may want to try removing and reseating your ink cartridge. We also strongly recommend using genuine Canon ink cartridges if you aren't already doing so.

If problems persist, our tech support team is available 24/7 and they can dig deeper into the problem to help you find a solution. You can reach them HERE.

We hope this helps!

This was a genuine Canon ink tank and was in use for a few weeks. The error code was 1660. 

I did remove it and put it back but it still got the same message. I had a new tank on hand so I put that in and that one wroks just fine. The new tank came from the same order as the first one. As printer ink is one of the most valuable liquids on earth it's too bad that 1/3 of the tank is useless.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements