cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start printer from computer

fixit7
Contributor

I just installed a Canon Pixma TS 9120 printer.

When I reboot or cold boot without manually shutting down my printer using it's power button, it gives an error.

Is there a way to stop that behavior?

I had no such problem with other printers.

I am running Ubuntu.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi, fixit7!,

That message will always appear after a reboot or reset on the printer. If you unplug it and don't power it down by pressing the power button that message will appear. To not have it appear, either let the printer power automatically with it's auto power feature or just press the power button.

Also if you are having issues scanning to an SD card, please click HERE for an article that covers use of a memory card.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Hi, fixit7,

Please follow these steps from the article:

1. Make sure that the printer is turned on.

2. Make sure that the memory card is not set.
    If the memory card is set, remove it from the card slot.

3. Select Setup on the HOME screen.

4. Select Settings.

5. Select Device settings.
    The Device settings screen is displayed.

6. Select Device user settings.

7. Select Read/write attribute.

8. Check message that is displayed and select OK.

9. Select a read/write attribute to specify setting.

Select Writable from USB PC. Even though  you are using Linux but this will be the option you need to choose because Canon does not have steps for Linux.

When you select writable from USB PC, The card slot is uthen sed as the memory card drive of a computer connected to the printer via USB. Data can be written on the memory card from the computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Stephen

Hi, fixit7!

Thanks for reaching out!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the exact error messages you're seeing, as well as the way you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to discover your support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

I connect with a usb cable.

Printer_Error.jpg

Anyone ?

I also can not write to a memory card inserted into my printer.

Is it a read only system?

Hello!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please call our US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) during normal business hours, or visit our support site for self-help options HERE.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

Hi, fixit7!

Did you still need assistance or did you call in to tech support?

I was hoping for some help from here. ?

You made the printer, so I figure you are experts.

Hi, fixit7!,

That message will always appear after a reboot or reset on the printer. If you unplug it and don't power it down by pressing the power button that message will appear. To not have it appear, either let the printer power automatically with it's auto power feature or just press the power button.

Also if you are having issues scanning to an SD card, please click HERE for an article that covers use of a memory card.

Thanks. I am running Linux.

I believe those instructions apply to Windows.

Hi, fixit7,

Please follow these steps from the article:

1. Make sure that the printer is turned on.

2. Make sure that the memory card is not set.
    If the memory card is set, remove it from the card slot.

3. Select Setup on the HOME screen.

4. Select Settings.

5. Select Device settings.
    The Device settings screen is displayed.

6. Select Device user settings.

7. Select Read/write attribute.

8. Check message that is displayed and select OK.

9. Select a read/write attribute to specify setting.

Select Writable from USB PC. Even though  you are using Linux but this will be the option you need to choose because Canon does not have steps for Linux.

When you select writable from USB PC, The card slot is uthen sed as the memory card drive of a computer connected to the printer via USB. Data can be written on the memory card from the computer.

Announcements