cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spots on underside of glass platen of MP240

JimmyMac
Apprentice

Does anyone know how to remove the glass platen on an MP240 printer/scanner? I want to clean some marks that have appeared on the underside. The manual doesn't have any instructions about doing this and it seems to be rather extreme to send it away for it to be done 'officially'. 

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JimmyMac,

I see that you would like to know how to remove the platen glass to clean some marks on the underside. Our Technical Support Representatives do not have this information. The Service Technicians at our Authorized Service Facilities are the only ones that have the information needed to fix your printer.

Please be advised that the MP240 was retired in 2014 and service is no longer available.

I would recommend contacting a local printer repair shop in your are to see if they can perform the service on the printer. I also wanted to let you know that you do qualify for our Canon Upgrade program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. 

We will also include free ground shipping with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements