cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for error 1003 that did not work. Pulled plug. Drained power. 3rd try worked.

B10KayL
Apprentice

When the solution given by Canon Online Manual for Error 1003 did not succeed qwith multiple tries, I pulled the power cord, drained the power by holding down the on button for 15 secs. X 3 then replaced power cord and tried to print again.  3rd of these routines succeeded!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CSmith1
Apprentice

Thank you very much! Your idea worked. I've had this MG6820 for less than a year- I do print quite a bit but yikes! with a whole lot of ink bought, I was kind of freaking out that it would not work. I tried fixing the 1003, as you mentioned quite a few times to no avail but then followed your directionsSmiley Wink.

OT-----I have noticed just recently that the printer wasn't printing out the entire page from my web site-lines of type were missing. What could be happening? Any idea? 

Thank you very much again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CSmith1
Apprentice

Thank you very much! Your idea worked. I've had this MG6820 for less than a year- I do print quite a bit but yikes! with a whole lot of ink bought, I was kind of freaking out that it would not work. I tried fixing the 1003, as you mentioned quite a few times to no avail but then followed your directionsSmiley Wink.

OT-----I have noticed just recently that the printer wasn't printing out the entire page from my web site-lines of type were missing. What could be happening? Any idea? 

Thank you very much again.

Hi CSmith1,

So we can best assist you, we would need some more information to help narrow down this issue.

1. Does this happen when printing documents that are not on a web page( word doc or text edit)?
  2. What version of Windows or Macintosh is installed on your computer?
  3. What web browser are you using?

We look forward to your reply.

SuMac
Apprentice

Unbelieveable!  Don't know how you figured this out, but it worked.  You saved my sanity and my printer.  Thank you.

canon error 1003 solution

Press the HOME button, select SetupDevice settings, and Print settings in this order, and then set Prevent paper double-feed to ON.

other

Press the HOME button, select SetupDevice settings, and then select cassette incorrect paper detection to No

this will solver error 1003

Announcements