cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software installation issue with my new Canon MG7120

CSantos
Contributor

I recently upgraded my homeoffice with a new Dell XPS running Windows 8.1. 

Purchased a new Canon Pixma MG7120 to replace my old Epson printer. 

I've been trying to install the Printer Software from the disc that came with the printer. 

Ive been attempting to connect wirelessly and my wireless router connects with my printer. 

My issue is when I run the disc.  When I get to the install portion, nothing happens.  All I get is a window telling me that "My firewall may attempt to block Canon installation and that I should answer accordingly like "Yes, Accept, ... or whatever choice i am given to allow Canon to proceed with the installation.: 

there is a "Next" button on the bottom right corner and it highlights when I place my cursur on it.  I click on it and nothing happens.  The installation should only take between 5 to 10 minutes. 

Appreciate any comments or insight to this issue. 

thank you, 

CSantos

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

CSantos
Contributor

Cat Mad

I am so disappointed.  I purchased a brand new Pixma MG7120 for my budding photograhy hobby.  My old Epson Stylus photo finally passed its End of Life phase where it is not supported anymore. 

I have a new PC with Windows 8.1 os.

I was so excited taking home this new printer.  I followed instructions to the letter and bam,  The Installation phase stalls.  The screen just sits there doing nothing.  I tried again and again reloading etc... with the same results. 

I am not an IT guy and am really frustrated and upset that I have to go through this bs....and still not get the printer running. 

I've gone into the Canon Drivers section and updated.  Still nothing.  I tried the online download and still nothing.  Still the same Stall during the installation phase.  Just cannot get past  that. 

What's going on?  I spent $250.00 on Printer and ink and can't even print a letter. 

I've tried wireless and usb and a big "NOTHING" 

I'm calling support over the weekend and if I'm still unable to print,  I WILL RETURN THE UNIT AND FIND ANOTHER BRAND THAT WORKS. 

Smiley Mad

View solution in original post

I'll answer my own rant...

Well,  sometimes patience helps. 

I decided to leave this issue alone for a while and maybe i was missing something. 

Well,  yes I did miss something.  The Firewall. 

I turned that off and my antivirus. 

The program installed right up with no problems after that. 

My Bad.....Sorry Canon.  Now I can enjoy the results of my Photography. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CSantos
Contributor

Cat Mad

I am so disappointed.  I purchased a brand new Pixma MG7120 for my budding photograhy hobby.  My old Epson Stylus photo finally passed its End of Life phase where it is not supported anymore. 

I have a new PC with Windows 8.1 os.

I was so excited taking home this new printer.  I followed instructions to the letter and bam,  The Installation phase stalls.  The screen just sits there doing nothing.  I tried again and again reloading etc... with the same results. 

I am not an IT guy and am really frustrated and upset that I have to go through this bs....and still not get the printer running. 

I've gone into the Canon Drivers section and updated.  Still nothing.  I tried the online download and still nothing.  Still the same Stall during the installation phase.  Just cannot get past  that. 

What's going on?  I spent $250.00 on Printer and ink and can't even print a letter. 

I've tried wireless and usb and a big "NOTHING" 

I'm calling support over the weekend and if I'm still unable to print,  I WILL RETURN THE UNIT AND FIND ANOTHER BRAND THAT WORKS. 

Smiley Mad

I'll answer my own rant...

Well,  sometimes patience helps. 

I decided to leave this issue alone for a while and maybe i was missing something. 

Well,  yes I did miss something.  The Firewall. 

I turned that off and my antivirus. 

The program installed right up with no problems after that. 

My Bad.....Sorry Canon.  Now I can enjoy the results of my Photography. 

i30hientran
Apprentice
Don't return it. Canon have the best customer support ever they will called you back guided you step by step to setup is done. I'm im the same thing untill I ma a call.
I replaced epson artisan 835 for canon mg7120. I love my new canon.
Announcements