cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow scan

Jbertke
Contributor

It takes about 80 seconds from the time I initiate a scan in MP Navigator EX from my PC to the time the scanning begins. This is a recent development. It was much faster prior to this. Less than 15 seconds. What could be causing this sudden slowdown? Running Windows 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, Jbertke,

Everything looks good with the printers signal. Next, I recommend removing the printer/scanner driver and MP Navigator from the computer. Once they are are both removed, please restart the computer.

After the computer restarts, please click HERE to open the support page of the printer. You will want to install the MG6100 series MP Driver Ver. 1.05 and MP Navigator EX Ver. 4.03 which can be found by clicking the software tab.

Once everything is reinstalled, please attempt to scan again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, Jbertke!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Neglected to say that I'm using a wireless connection to a Pixma MG 6120 and running MP Navigator EX 4.0

Hi, Jbertke,

I recommend printing out the network settings of the printer. This will help narrow down if there is a signal strength issue that is causing the slow scans. Please click HERE and follow the steps to print the network settings. Once the network settings print, please let us know what the signal strength is.

We look forward to your reply.

ArthurJ,

Thanks for your reply. The report from the printout is 81% signal strength. The Canon IJ Network Tool reports 83% signal strength and 86% signal quality.

Jim B

Hi, Jbertke,

Everything looks good with the printers signal. Next, I recommend removing the printer/scanner driver and MP Navigator from the computer. Once they are are both removed, please restart the computer.

After the computer restarts, please click HERE to open the support page of the printer. You will want to install the MG6100 series MP Driver Ver. 1.05 and MP Navigator EX Ver. 4.03 which can be found by clicking the software tab.

Once everything is reinstalled, please attempt to scan again.

ArthurJ,

Thanks for your help. The reinstallation of the software did the trick. Scaning is faster than ever.

Jim B

Announcements