cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Scanning Pixma MG4250

denison
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG4259 which I have used trouble free on a Windows 7 computer for some time, connected by cable as that computer was not WifFi enabled.

I have recently switched it to a new Windows 10 computer and connected via WiFi. Printing works as it did before no problem, but scanning is very slow - up to 2 mins for each document. I have updated the drivers and checked settings such as resolution and all OK.

I concluded that the only difference was that I was now using WiFi so I disbaled LAN connection and reverted to cable, but still the same issue. I tried completely uninstalling the printer and all of its associated software and reinstalled it using the original disc. I then updated the drivers again. At each stage I tested it and still the same - prints OK and fast but VERY slow to scan.

I then spotted the Windows Scan App and downloaded that. This worked fine! Very fast and simple to use despite being light on features. At this point I decided to use this and forget the Canon App, however, as I am short on USB ports I wanted to switch back to wireless. When I did this the Windows App stopped working as it failed to detect the scanner though clearly it is connected as the scanner still works slowly using the Canon utility and still prints OK. A quick search suggests this is a common issue with the Windows App so I have ditched it. I have tried deleting the LAN details and reconnecting. I have also run the troubleshooter whichj indicates no problems.

I suspect that this is just another of the many 'Windows 10' issues that has no real resolution but if anyone has any other simple suggestions I might give them a go. Thanks for reading!

2 REPLIES 2

Porcha
Rising Star

Hi,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

OK, thanks. I did go there first but found no help there which is why I looked for a user forum such as yourselves.

Never nind, I've spent too much time on this already so I have connected up my ancient Epsom which this Canon originally replaced and it works fine. Print quality not as good (which is why I replaced it) but that's preferable to the slow performance of the Canon.

Regards.

Announcements