cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6220 Slow Printing

bbanda
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MG6220, very good printer. Have had it for quite some time and I have been very happy with it.

However, recently, I have noticed that it prints very slowly, I don't know what to do.

Ink is available I have tried to trouble shoot the issue but I can't seem to get anywhere.

Help! anyone?

I print using a PC, windows 7, wirelessly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I appreciate this thread has be going on for a while now but, It doesn't seem as if matters have improved much...

I have a Canon TS5050 (which may be UK only model, but in the TS 5000 series) which quite suddenly slowed down to a crawl, this only seemed to affect the print side, the scan side seemed quite normal.

When trying to print 7x5 (127x178mm) glossy photo quality prints. From scan into "My Image Garden" Canon software, which was normal. From pressing "print" it could take up to 10 to 15 minutes to get one printed photo, the actual printing was at normal speed, the time lag was only for the "processing". Following the print, the screen would continue to show "printing" for a further 10 minutes before returning to the "home" screen. If more than one photo was to be printed, the next wouldn't begin until this laborious process was completed, when the whole processig would begin again.

Printing A4 text documents was a little quicker but not much.

I tried every setting Within Windows (10) and the Canon printer that I could think of or find, concentrating initially on the "quiet mode" as suggestions here and other sources. Nothing changed. My Brother printer that was retained for printing A3, worked normally, so I discounted the WiFi connection as the problem, the Canon sits directly under the router within 18 inches, so distance from the router was not even considered a problem, the normally working Brother is in a different room.

I was on the verge of disposing of the Canon printer and replacing it with a different maker's. When out of frustration I decided to download and install the latest drivers, rather than use the installation disc  (I had already previously updated the firmware, this made no difference at all) The complete process of getting the drivers took over half an hour as I had to register for them, something that Canon doesn't make very easy.

I am though pleased to report that after the installation of the drivers the Canon TS 5050 has returned to normal operation, and I fancy somewhat quicker than before. I still don't know what the problem was, but assume the previous drivers became corrupted.

For those who are experiencing a dramatic slow-down of their Canon printers, I can recommend trying a reinstall of the drivers from the Canon website before throwing away your printer. Mine now works "as new".

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi bbanda,

When a wireless printer is printing slowly, I recommend checking for any interference with the wireless communication first.  Printing the LAN settings will give us a lot of information here.  Follow these steps:

1. Select Setup on the HOME screen of your printer.
  2. Select Device settings, then touch the OK button
  3. Select LAN settings, then touch the OK button.
  4. Select Confirm LAN settings, then touch the OK button.
  5. Select Print LAN details, then touch the OK button to confirm the selection.
  6. Select Yes, then touch the OK button to start printing.

On this printout, look for your signal strength.  You should see a signal strength of at least 80% for reliable communication.  If the signal strength is lower then 80%, consider moving the printer or addressing any other interference in your environment.  Also, note how long the LAN details page took to print.  If printing is slow from your computer, but not slow directly from the device (copying a document is also a good test), then it's likely a communication issue or interference.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I also have this problem.  Its a Pixma MG6650

The printer is situated right next to the Wifi to I dont' think this is the issue.

It seems as if it's printing out a simple black text word doc as it it's an image.  1 line at a time.  I recently ran out of black ink and the document it printed had light blue in place of the black text.  So for some reason it's laying down a 4 colour image in place of a simple back ...

Any ideas? 

Many thanks

Hi Colboy,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a MG6850 exactly in the same place where I had a MG6150 and ... it is sooooooo slooooowwwwwww! One normal A4/letter page with text in several minutes and sometimes it gives up and quits the print job. I really don't know what to do with it! And no! I cannot put it right next to the Wi-Fi router, but all the other equipment work well near the place where the 6850 is and the old 6150 also worked very well there till it "died" 6 months ago!

I miss my old 6150 so much! It had all the new paper pages hidden inside the printer's body, not half outside (no dust or humidity), it had a door that opened automatically when it was going to start printing, it printed with good speed (several pages per minute) and so on. It died giving one error that I couldn't solve and I decided to buy another Canon because I had a good experience with the 6150. Big error! The 6850 that I bought because of the good reviews is a big flop!

I am thinking in buying a new printer of another brand with wireless and, preferably, Ethernet.

Please Canon, have you a good printer like the 6150 today? Or are all the new printers as "good" as the 6850?

I am so disappointed with the 6850 that I am thinking to send the 6150 to be repaired?

Hi, valmeida!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

I have an MX922. It's prints slowly. My signal strength is 100% and copying a doc is fine.

Hello.

Check to make sure that the correct media type is selected before printing from your computer.  If a photo paper is selected, this will cause the unit to print slower.

If you continue to have difficulties with this issue, find more help at Contact Us.

I appreciate this thread has be going on for a while now but, It doesn't seem as if matters have improved much...

I have a Canon TS5050 (which may be UK only model, but in the TS 5000 series) which quite suddenly slowed down to a crawl, this only seemed to affect the print side, the scan side seemed quite normal.

When trying to print 7x5 (127x178mm) glossy photo quality prints. From scan into "My Image Garden" Canon software, which was normal. From pressing "print" it could take up to 10 to 15 minutes to get one printed photo, the actual printing was at normal speed, the time lag was only for the "processing". Following the print, the screen would continue to show "printing" for a further 10 minutes before returning to the "home" screen. If more than one photo was to be printed, the next wouldn't begin until this laborious process was completed, when the whole processig would begin again.

Printing A4 text documents was a little quicker but not much.

I tried every setting Within Windows (10) and the Canon printer that I could think of or find, concentrating initially on the "quiet mode" as suggestions here and other sources. Nothing changed. My Brother printer that was retained for printing A3, worked normally, so I discounted the WiFi connection as the problem, the Canon sits directly under the router within 18 inches, so distance from the router was not even considered a problem, the normally working Brother is in a different room.

I was on the verge of disposing of the Canon printer and replacing it with a different maker's. When out of frustration I decided to download and install the latest drivers, rather than use the installation disc  (I had already previously updated the firmware, this made no difference at all) The complete process of getting the drivers took over half an hour as I had to register for them, something that Canon doesn't make very easy.

I am though pleased to report that after the installation of the drivers the Canon TS 5050 has returned to normal operation, and I fancy somewhat quicker than before. I still don't know what the problem was, but assume the previous drivers became corrupted.

For those who are experiencing a dramatic slow-down of their Canon printers, I can recommend trying a reinstall of the drivers from the Canon website before throwing away your printer. Mine now works "as new".

I have this problem with my MF445dw, but it's connected by cable so the network shouldn't be the issue.  Any ideas?

Announcements