cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Printing/Queue Freezes

hartfran
Contributor

We just bought a  Pixma G4210 All-in-One. Simple documents were not printing, and the queue was freezing, including after I would try to delete print jobs to clear them out. Turned computer and printer on and off. Finally downloaded the driver from the web, which helped enough that we sometimes, after about 5 minutes, are able to print out short b&w documents. But still they don't clear from the queue, even once we delete/cancle them, so nothing else will print for another 5-10 minutes, if at all.

We're real novices, so before we return it, we welcome an easy fix for non-techie people. Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi hartfran,

The first step would be to reinstall the driver.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the Canon G4010 series and left click on Remove device.  Repeat until all G4010's are removed.

5.  In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

6.  In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

7.  Click once on "G4010 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

8.  Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver.  When you click Complete,  the driver is uninstalled.

9.  Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/megatank-inkjet-printers/...

2.  Click the Select button next to "G4010 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)".

3.  Click the Download button.  The drivers will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.  To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5.  Double click "mpnp-win-g4010-1_01-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.

6.  Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi hartfran,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Are you using your PIXMA G4210 wirelessly?    or with a USB cable?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick. Thank you for replying. I use Microsoft Windows 10 Home (10.0.18362). And it's wireless, about 5 feet from the router, though we sometimes print from laptops elsewhere in the home.

Hi hartfran,

The first step would be to reinstall the driver.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the Canon G4010 series and left click on Remove device.  Repeat until all G4010's are removed.

5.  In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

6.  In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

7.  Click once on "G4010 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

8.  Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver.  When you click Complete,  the driver is uninstalled.

9.  Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/megatank-inkjet-printers/...

2.  Click the Select button next to "G4010 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)".

3.  Click the Download button.  The drivers will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.  To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5.  Double click "mpnp-win-g4010-1_01-ea34_2.exe" to begin the installation.

6.  Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Thank you so much!  It printed immediately, the queue cleared, and I was able to print another document right away.

Sadly, we are back with the old problem. This time, after a few minutes (which is already not acceptable...), my document printed. Then I tried to print another. It did not print, and it took a couple of minutes to delete. My husband had the same experience from his laptop, with a different queue (his printed while mine was still in error, not printing, in my queue).

When my queue finally cleared, I tried to print the second document again, and now it shows that there's an error.

Any thoughts?

(I'll get back to this in the afternoon...apologies in advance if you/someone replies quickly and I don't get right back....)

Hi hartfan,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the wrench and screwdriver button on your PIXMA G4210

2.  Press the right arrow until you see Device settings and press OK

3.  Press the right arrow until you see LAN settings and press OK

4.  Press the right arrow until you see Common settings and press OK

5.  Press the right arrow until you see TCP/IP settings and press OK

6.  Press the right arrow until you see IPv6 and press OK

7.  Press OK at the message "LAN communication may be disabled"

8.  Press OK on Enable/disable IPv6

9.  Press the right arrow to select Inactive and press OK

Once set, please reboot your computer and then attempt to print.

It seems to have worked. It printed the document right away. The queue showed as empty right away. I could print a second document right away. And the queue shows as empty again. Yay!

I'll give it a few days and a few more tries before indicating that the problem is solved, in case we backslide like before.

Thank you so much!!

Hello again. This is a fail. We kept trying new approaches and following your instructions, but the problem remains. Once it prints (after several minutes of waiting), the queue will not clear, blocking future printing, for a very, very long time. Turning the printer on and off does not help. It's infuriating and, with two of us working full-time from home now, dire.

In short, this has been a complete disaster. We simply want Canon to send us a different printer to replace this one. One that works. If Canon is paying attention to this, I look forward to a reply.

At this point, we feel it's best for you to reach out to support for live one-on-one support. You'll need to login to your My Canon Account at canon.us/account and ensure your printer is registered there. From that point, you'll find the support contact information on that page. 

Our support team is right here in the USA.

Announcements