cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Printing Fix

Chey187
Apprentice

Hi guys, I have a Cannon MX922 and had the same problem. For me my printer took 5+ minutes just to process then to print just one page. I also couldn't see the ink levels anymore in the printing pop-up box on my laptop when I went to print. I even did the suggesting LAN detail print to see the connection strength and it was strong.

I fixed my issue by downloading the drivers to the printer. I found that a driver was unavailable when I tried to just reconnect the printer to my laptop wirelessly. But I got all the drivers and it fixed my problems.

I downloaded the drivers from here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-s... [link replaced with Canon USA link to ensure the right software is offered]

There's a set for Windows and for Mac. I hope this helps, good luck.

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

For what it's worth, the above-linked site is not a Canon site. Our drivers and software can all be downloaded directly from usa.canon.com/support

The direct page for support (including the most up-to-date drivers and software) for the MX922 can be found HERE.

We hope this helps! 

Oh sweet, when I googled for them I didn't see that page but it definately makes sense that you guys would have your own drivers on the site too Lol. Thank you!

Miggy7
Apprentice

Make sure the printing paper size is 8 1/2 x 11 instead of "custom" as well as the driver update. This worked for me on my MG6620.

mary0552
Apprentice

Well I fixed the MX922 slow or not printing problem.  It is still slow for complex printouts, but at least it is much better now.  I don't know about scanning because I use VuScan software instead of Canon.  It is very reliable.  

There is new firmware for Catalina.  It only works for Catalina 10.15.5 and after, not before.  

This is what I did:

A - Go to this website and follow instructions to download the new firmware and update it in the printer.  Warning - once it is downloaded into the printer you cannot go back to the previous firmware.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART169031&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...

After updating the firmware, then I did this (maybe it is not necessary, but I wanted to be sure):

1. Turned off printer
  2. Uninstalled the printer from Mac printer preferences:  preferences/printers, choose printer then click on minus sign
  3. Unplugged printer from wall
  4. Rebooted (restarted) Mac computer
  5. Plugged in printer, turned on printer
  6. Reinstalled the printer on the Mac:  preferences/printers, click on plus sign.

Maybe this will help some of you, hope so.

Announcements