06-26-2016 07:17 PM
Since updating to El Capitan, my Canon MX922 will not print. I worked with an Apple tech for hours and we still could not resolve this. I have searched and searched websites and tried all that I can in terms of new drivers, removing old drivers and still it will not print.
I can print from my iPad, iPhone and one computer I did not upgrade to El Capitan.
Can you help me?
06-28-2016 09:02 AM
Reinstalling the PIXMA MX922 should resolve this issue. Please follow these instructions to uninstall, download and reinstall the drivers (if you are unable to complete a step, that is OK, continue with the rest of the steps):
1. Open the hard drive (Macintosh HD).
2. Open the 'Library' folder.
3. Open the 'Printers' folder.
4. Open the 'Canon' folder.
5. Send the 'BJ Printer' folder to the trash.
6. Return to the 'Library' folder.
7. Open the 'Receipts' folder.
8. Locate any items related to your printer and send them to the trash. However, leave the 'Canon Printer Drivers.pkg' file in the folder.
9. Return to the 'Library' folder.
10. Open 'Image Capture'.
11. Open the 'Twain Data Sources' folder.
12. Send any Canon files related to your printer to the trash.
13. Empty the trash.
14. Restart your computer.
Please follow these steps to download the necessary files to begin installation:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support
2. Type PIXMA MX922 in the "Enter a Model Name" box.
3. Under Recommended Downloads, please click on the Select button next to the MX920 series CUPS Printer Driver.
4. If you agree, please place a checkmark next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".
5. Click the Download button.
6. If a file download box appears, click Save.
7. Once the download is complete, click on the Select button next to the MX920 series Scanner Driver.
8. If you agree, please place a checkmark next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".
9. Click the Download button.
10. If a file download box appears, click Save.
11. Once the download is complete, click on the 'Software' link.
12. Please click on the Select button next to the Canon IJ Network Tool.
13. If you agree, please place a checkmark next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".
14. Click the Download button.
15. If a file download box appears, click Save.
16. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.
To reinstall your PIXMA MX922, please follow these steps:
1. Double click [mcpd-mac-mx920-11_7_1_0-ea17_2.dmg] to install the CUPS printer driver.
2. Double click [msd_-mac-mx920-19_1_0a-ea11.dmg] to install the scanner driver.
3. Double click [mnt_-mac-4_6_1-ea21_3.dmg]. Files will extract, follow the prompts to complete installation.
4. Restart the computer.
If you are experiencing difficulties, you may view the installation process by following this link:
Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:
06-28-2016 04:29 PM
06-28-2016 04:46 PM
06-28-2016 05:46 PM
If you are able to print normally from other computers and devices, the issue must be with the El Capitan system. Let's next delete and re-add the printer.
Click on the Apple logo in the upper left of your screen.
Select "System Preferences."
Select "Printers and Scanners."
Highlight the XXX on the left side and click the "-" sign in the lower left.
Confirm the deletion.
Click the "+" sign in the lower left.
Select the "Canon IJ Network" connection type (May take a moment to appear.)
This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
06-28-2016 05:56 PM
07-04-2016 01:26 PM
I ended up just buying a printer cable and printing through the USB but scanning through the Air connection. I've worked on this long enough and the Canon tech nor the Apple tech couldn't solve the problem, both more experienced than me with my pea sized brain. The printer prints fine through the cable.