cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since Windows 10 on Dell Studio One, unable to scan with Pixma MG3100

jamesomorse
Apprentice

Since installing Window 10 on a Dell Studio One, I've been unable to scan with a Pixma MG3100. I tried to install mp68-win-mg3100-1_02-ea24 but only the Canon IJ Netwwork Tool driver made it.  Although the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX shows up in "Programs and Features," it does not show an icon on the Desktop.  Turning off the Avast firewall didn't help it to install.

An older Dell desktop and an older still Toshiba laptop use the same printer but have not had this problem after switching over to Windows 10.  (Apparently Dell did nothing about getting the Studio One ready for Windows 10.).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I somehow missed the basics.  I only needed to add MP Navigator EX 5.0 and the Solution Menu EX.  Strangely, I could only find the first on the Canon website in Thailand and the second in Singapore.

jamesomorse

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I somehow missed the basics.  I only needed to add MP Navigator EX 5.0 and the Solution Menu EX.  Strangely, I could only find the first on the Canon website in Thailand and the second in Singapore.

jamesomorse

Announcements