11-14-2016 03:48 PM
I have a PIXMA MG2920. I haven't used this printer in a year, but, I started to set it up again. I lost my CD to installation. I followed the Cableless setup and I get this error: "Failed to perform cableless setup. Suspend the process and select another method by following the instructions on the screens." Why did this happen? I followed what it said.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-16-2016 02:05 PM
Please try using the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app from a Android or Apple device to set up your PIXMA MG2920 for wireless use on your network. Once set up, please attempt to install your PIXMA MG2920 on your computer again.
The Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app is available for download from Apple's App Store 9iTunes) and from Google Play, depending on the type of mobile device that you own.
03-29-2018 07:49 PM
I get the same error message.
I have tried adding the printer manually using IP address, after 10+ minutes windows finally finds the printer but it still doesn't work.
The phone method requires a direct connection to the printer and I don't want that. It's a netowrk printer that's already connected to the network so I'd like to be able to use it with multiple network devices(PC, Laptop, Phone).
I printed a network configuartion page, I also logged in to my router's setup page to make sure the printer is connected and the IP addresses match.
Hooking up a printer should not be that hard.. I'd rather not go buy USB cord because the will defeat the purpose of the wireless printer, even if it was just to perform the intial setup.
Not sure where to go from here, but I already wasted a lot of time on this and I'm tempted to go buy another printer that's anything but Canon.
05-04-2018 11:44 AM
Please try using these steps to reconnect your PIXMA MX492 to your network:
1. Press the SETUP button on your PIXMA MX492.
2. Use the left or right button to select Device Settings and press OK.
3. Use the left or right button to select LAN Settings and press OK.
4. Use the left or right button to select Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.
5. Press the STOP button.
6. Select Standard Setup and press OK.
7. Select your wireless network and press OK.
8. Enter your wireless network password and press OK. Please verify the password, as it is case sensitive and if entered incorrectly, will cause the printer and router to not communicate. To switch between letters and numbers, press the * key.
9. Press <OK> on the confirmation screen. The PIXMA MX492 will search for the access point.
10. When found, press OK on the Connected to the access point screen.
Once connected, please download and install the latest driver from Canon's web site:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support
2. Type PIXMA MX492 in the enter a model box and click GO.
3. In the Drivers & Downloads section, click the Select button next to "MX490 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows)".
4. Click the Download button.
5. If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.
6. If the installation does not start, please open your Downloads folder.
7. Double click [mp68-win-mx490-1_02-ea33_3.exe] to begin installation of the drivers.
Follow the prompts and installation will complete.
To view the installation process, please view the following video:
Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:
03-01-2019 03:22 PM
YES -- The mobile app works so well!
I love this printer but what a pain in the ass to setup.
Hold the WiFI button down for 2 orange blinks, you should see a new wifi device "cannon_ij_2900" or something.
Connect to that network from your Smartphone. It'll ask you to configure the printer to your actual wifi network.
From my Mac, I could now simply add the printer (after having installed the drivers 500000 times).
On a plus note, I can also print from my phone now.