Did you mean: 

Set the PC to Start scanning

mort
Contributor

Sanner problem MX 882

10 REPLIES 10

Stephen

Hi mort!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know  any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

kwwjd1
Apprentice

Absolutely found the answer.  On your panel, my PC was showing, but it had the wrong name (because I had crashed hard drive replaced and I didn't realize the computer gave itself a new name.  To fix, just press the Save/Forward button, select PC, and it should give you the proper name of your computer.  Select it, and, at least for me, it began working from the panel to PC immediately again.

Wish the tech guys would suggest this first before asking so any questions about operating systems, etc.

Thanks, was the quickest fix ever, after looking online, reinstalling drivers, ect. Finally found your post and worked perfect. 5 second fix.

The error I receided stated; An error has occured in the scanner driver.  Abort scanning.

I had the same issue with my MG5750 printer : scan function from printer operational panel is stuck on "Set the PC for scanning".  It is set up to use wireless LAN not USB cable.

Root-cause : Scan function may occasionally default to use PC Local (USB)  

Solution : On the printer operational panel > select scan (notice at the top "PC Local (USB)") > select Save/Forward on the bottom left > use up/down buttons to scroll through the short list of PC targets to select one of the named PCs > press the OK button (notice at the top the named PC is now showing.

I called the friendly Canon Customer Support, who did not seem to be aware of the significance of message "Set the PC for scanning" and suggested uninstalling and re-installing Canon Utility initially. I finally got the Customer Support's attention to the printer operational panel scan screen's "PC Local (USB)" message before taking the above instructions.  

I can see numerous Canon customers hitting the same issue since 2013 when the printer operational panel is stuck on the scan function with the message "set the PC for scanning".

Canon product developer team should consider enhancing the above confusing message to give more direct hints:-

(A) from the current cryptic message of:

!

set the PC for scanning

(B) to a clearer and more helpful message such as:

!

select the target PC to forward the scanned pages

(press Save/Forward > press OK > select from list)

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this...

I should have noticed that the "PC Local (USB)" verbage wasn't right, but I wouldn't have figured it out without your help.

I just bought a Canon TR8600a and am running Windows 11. I get the same msg "Select the PC to start scanning" but there are no forward/backward arrows for me to select from a list of PCs. What now?

Thanks

jpn
Apprentice

The only option ( target) appearing on my printer is local (USB) 

Announcements