cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series of printer head errors

Shirlie
Apprentice

Hi there, I have a Pixma MG5460 which at first was coming up with the apparently infamous B200 error. First time it happened I followed the instructions here and was able to get rid of the error and start it working again. This time, no dice. The guide specifically says to close the cover when the ink-holding carriage thingo is past halfway moving to the left but it refuses to do that, it just goes back and forth stopping in the middle. Aaaaand now the error message has changed to 1403 "the type of print head is incorrect". Also, if the cover is open, ANOTHER error comes up talking about a blockage that needs to be removed.

Any hints?

Do I need to try physically remove the print head and clean it? Or is it likely to be actually shot?

Thanks for your time!

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It will not hurt to remove the printhead, gently clean, and reseat or reinstall 

What is important to understand is that printheads have a useable life.  They eventually fail.  

So its possible nothing you do will resolve the issue.  The printer may require service or replacement.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements