cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Rear cassette on TS9521C

Daves1
Apprentice

I have a TS9521C and use it to print cardstock from the rear cassette.    It works great when using various size cardstock, the chosen size appears at the top of the papersize list on my Mac.

However if I use letter Cardstock, and have letter plain paper in the main cassette, I cannot find a way to 'force; it to use the cardstock - it always prints the plain paper from the main tray.

Before anyone asks - I have checked the rear cassette is registering 'Letter, Cardstock', and the Letter size appears at the top of the mac list.   The work around I have found is to tell the main tray it has A4, then both A4 and Letter appear at top of Paper size dropdown, and it prints perfectly on the cardstock.

Surely there is a better way, but I cant find any menu item or instructions in the manual to select 'rear cassette', everything appears to be auto and my work around seems a little silly.   Have I missed something, or does the auto selection fall down when the paper sizes (but not paper type) are the same in each tray.

Thanks

Dave

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Daves1,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Open the item that you wish to print.

2.  Click Print.

3.  If you see "Show details" at the bottom, please click it.  If not, go to next step.

4.  In the middle of the print options, click the drop down box and select Media & Quality.

5.  From the Feed from drop down, choose the source of paper where you wish to print from.

Click Print.

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/M/TS9500%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_pc_basic.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements