Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Scans won't save to the right directory in My Image Garden

I have a Canon TS 5020.  I am scanning documents and saving them as PDFs.  After I scan each document, i hit Exit because I want to save those pages as one document.  It opens My Image Garden.  I choose the pages and hit Save.  It brings up the locations and name.  There is a default directory for temp files, and I left that alone.  But in the Preferences, I changed the default directory for saving documents to a different directory.  But whenever I scan and it brings me back out here, the default directory pops up instead of the directory I changed it to.  If I go into Preferences to check if it went back to the default there, it's exactly where I set it.

Why is it still pulling up the default directory?  I close My Image Garden between scans.  I've closed the scanner too, and gone back in but it still does the same thing.  I restarted my machine.  So...is there another location where I need to change the default directory where I want the documents saved?

Thanks.

Product Expert

Re: Scans won't save to the right directory in My Image Garden

Hi dreemsnake,

Are you adjusting the Preferences in My Image Garden or IJ scan Utility? Also do you have a Windows or Mac computer?

We look forward to your reply.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Scans won't save to the right directory in My Image Garden

I was adjusting them in My Image Garden. That's exactly what I needed to know.  No, I didn't know about the IJ scan utility.  I couldn't find this information anywhere which is why I posted here.  So, it looks like I have to change this in several locations in the scan preferences.  Kind of a pain but at least scans will save to the right directory and I can turn off Image Garden.  Thanks for your help.