10-26-2016 01:30 PM
Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!
To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
10-29-2016 04:47 AM
To connect and install your PIXMA MG7120 wirelesslyfor use with your Windows 10 computer, we will first want to ensure that the wireless LAN setting of the printer is enabled. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Make sure that the machine is turned on.
2. Flick the HOME screen, then tap SETUP.
3. Select DEVICE SETTINGS.
4. Select LAN SETTINGS.
5. Select CHANGE WIRELESS/WIRED.
6. Select WIRELESS LAN ACTIVE. The wireless LAN setting of the printer will not be enabled.
7. Press the HOME button on the printer.
Once the Wireless LAN setting is enabled, the next step is to download and install the drivers and software for the printer. Please click here to go to the Drivers and Downloads page for the PIXMA MG7120 on the Canon USA website. Once on the page, please do the following:
1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system. Please note that you may need to scroll up or down in the list to select your operating system.
2. Next, below the red box labeled "RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS", locate the FULL DRIVER AND SOFTWARE PACKAGE file, then click the SELECT button to the right of the filename. When you do, a dark gray DOWNLOAD button will appear; below that, a checkbox will be shown asking you to agree to the terms of the disclaimer to continue with the download. Please click in that checkbox to agree to the terms. When you do, the dark gray DOWNLOAD button will turn red. Please click on the now red DOWNLOAD button; the file will start downloading. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.
Once you have downloaded the file, please temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that is on your computer and then double-click on the file and follow the prompts to install the printer drivers and software on your computer. The reason we have you temporarily disable the protection software is because sometimes it prevents the printer from being detected and installed successfully. Once the printer is installed successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.
Hope this helps! Should you need further assistance, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative by entering your product name and selecting a support method here. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.
04-18-2018 09:19 AM
If you have the most recent software for your printer installed on your computer (from our site HERE), and you're still having problems scanning, you'll want to reach out to our friendly US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 10am to 10pm.
If you're outside of the USA, you'll want to reach out to Canon in your country or region by clicking HERE.
We hope this helps!