cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning unit cover lid stuck open on TS5150 printer

everem
Apprentice

The scanning unit cover lid is stuck open on my TS5150 printer. Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The cover is attached by a long single hinge.  Unless something is physically broken or cracked, nothing should bind.  What is stuck exactly.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick, the hinge appears to engage a white toothed wheel, I'v tried wiggling this but no good, I don't want to force it as I fear I will break it.

Greetings,

So this isn't the cover that you lift to put a piece of paper down on the glass platen to scan or the front operation panel.

You are referring to the lid that you open to change inks or remove paper jams inside the printer, etc..  correct?

What happens of you turn the printer off and unplug it for a minute, reconnect to power and turn it back on.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements