cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning to a Pixma TS8260 on Mac OS Catalina failing - fixed with Image Capture

ArhciePeters
Apprentice

Hi - I recently upgraded to a MacBook Pro with Catalina (10.15.6). Printing worked fine after deleting and re-installing the downloaded driver from the Canon site - but scanning would not work - Communication Error (12456)

Afer a few calls to Canon, was told that the scanner function was still waiting for a driver - in the meantime I should scan by using my phone (!).

I realised that I could scan from the LCD panel on the TS8260 - which was a big step forward - and it recognised my Mac from the printer, so the scan was placed in the Downloads folder - but there were limited options for scanning.

On one of the forums, the Mac utility Image Capture caught my eye - so I opened it - and hey presto, it recognised the scanner and gave the same interface with all of the usual options one would get when scanning from Printer Preferences on the Mac.

SOLVED

1 REPLY 1

Tiffany

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements