08-03-2015 01:43 PM - edited 08-03-2015 01:43 PM
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 on my home PC.
I downloaded the most recent drivers for the MX472 multifunction device.
I received no errors during setup and was able to print a test page. The device is hooked up to my machine via LAN.
However, any attempt to scan an image returns the following error:
I have attempted to uninstall the scanner driver, then reinstall it.
I have attempted to turn off and on the printer.
I have rebooted Windows.
Nothing makes a difference.
Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue.
08-05-2015 09:18 AM - edited 08-05-2015 09:20 AM
Uninstalling and reinstalling your PIXMA MX472 should resolve this issue. To perform this, please follow these steps:
1. Put the PIXMA MX472's CDROM in the CDROM drive. If the welcome screen appears, exit it.
2. Click on Start and then All Apps.
3. Click on Windows System.
4. Click on RUN.
5. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".
7. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
8. Double click the folder named WIN.
9. Double click the folder named Driver.
10. Double click the folder named DrvSetup.
11. Double click the file named DELDRV64.
12. In the Run box click OK and then follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall the PIXMA MX472.
Once the PIXMA MX472 has been uninstalled, restart the computer.
When the computer restarts, we will install your PIXMA MX472 again:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer
2. Type PIXMA MX472 in the "Enter Your Model Name" box and click GO.
3. On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.
4. Under Recommended Downloads, please click on the MX470 series Full Driver & Software Package.
5. If you agree, please place a checkmark next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to
continue with the download".
6. Click the Download button.
7. When the Save box appears, click Save.
8. Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.
9. Double click [win-mx470-1_1-ucd.exe]. Files will extract.
Follow the prompts and the installation will complete.
Once reinstalled, please attempt to scan.