cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning, but no document -- something wrong with My Image Garden?

Haldurson
Apprentice

I've used my Pixma MX922 printer with a previous computer without any major issues.  A few months back, I had to replace my PC, and the printer continued to work fine.  The problem is that today I needed to use the Scanning function (I probably have not tried to use it since I changed PCs), and it looks like the printer is scanning, but I can't find anything on my PC.

And then I thought 'duh!'. I never reinstalled the printer software. So I downloaded the 'official' Canon drivers, My Image Garden and a few other things from the Canon support website, and installed it all. But it doesn't seem to make any difference.

So I launched My Image Garden, which was just installed, and the 'scan' control is greyed out, for some reason. I can't find any setting regarding scanning

I must be missing something -- what is it that I'm missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Haldurson,

Please try using the IJ Scan Utility to scan with your PIXMA MX922.  To scan using the IJ Scan Utility, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Windows Start menu select All Programs (or All Apps)

2.  Click on Canon Utilities, IJ Scan Utility and the click on IJ Scan Utility to open that program.

3.  Click the Settings... button at the bottom.

4.  Click on the upper left hand tab at the top.

5.  Click on Document Scan on the left hand side.

6.  Next to Data Format, choose PDF (Multiple Pages).

7.  Make any other desired changes, including the file name and where you would like to save the file.

8.  Click OK.

9.  Back in the IJ Scan Utilty, click the Document button.

The PDF will be saved in the location specified.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Haldurson,

Please try using the IJ Scan Utility to scan with your PIXMA MX922.  To scan using the IJ Scan Utility, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Windows Start menu select All Programs (or All Apps)

2.  Click on Canon Utilities, IJ Scan Utility and the click on IJ Scan Utility to open that program.

3.  Click the Settings... button at the bottom.

4.  Click on the upper left hand tab at the top.

5.  Click on Document Scan on the left hand side.

6.  Next to Data Format, choose PDF (Multiple Pages).

7.  Make any other desired changes, including the file name and where you would like to save the file.

8.  Click OK.

9.  Back in the IJ Scan Utilty, click the Document button.

The PDF will be saved in the location specified.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks. I actually fixed the problem last night -- the ij print utility was not installed.. But didn't get a chance to verify that until just now (I installed it before I went to bed). When I saw that you had posted a solution, I decided to test it, and it's actually working now. Thanks.

eyendall
Apprentice

I have been using scangear and image garden for years with no issues. I recently bought a new iMac  running OSX Big Sur. I downloaded and installed MX922 latest versions printer and scanning software as well as My Image Garden. Now my scans will not open in image garden. I get the message "You do not have permission to access the specified folder. Add an access permission to accessible folders in Preferences". The relevand folder is Pictures to which it appears i have read and write access to both the folder and its individual files. I don't understand the second sentence reference to preferences. Where is that? Uninstalling and reinstalling all the software involved makes no difference. I am tearing my hair out. Can anyone help?

Announcements