02-13-2021 04:03 PM - edited 02-13-2021 04:17 PM
I have the Canon Pixma MP495 and I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm a very organized person when it comes to files and folders on my computer and prefer to have as few as possible. When I scan a document it doesn't give me an option to scan multiple pages. It only scans 1 page at a time and it has to be imported and saved before I can scan a second page. Creating a saved file for each page. I have multiple documents with multiple pages each that I need to have as 1 file to make communication through the computer easier with fewer files to share/send when needed. I want to be able to have multiple scanned pages as 1 saved file. Is there a setting I can change so I can scan multiple pages and save as 1 file? Am I missing it somewhere? I would think that would be an option. Is there a way to, merge? or combine?, all the pages or saved files? Without creating an extra folder as the document name and multiple files in that folder for each page. That's the only option my scanner is giving me.
02-15-2021 04:55 PM
We're not allowed to post off-site links on the forum here, but I think if you do a Google or similar search for "bulk scanning utility" or "bulk scanning software" you'll find something to simplify the scanning of multiple files. In not completely sure but I think you may be able to batch scan in Irfanview (freeware) and maybe do a batch conversion to save multiple scans.
02-16-2021 01:24 PM
The MP Navigator EX can scan your pages and save then as a single PDF file. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Open the MP Navigator EX.
2. Place the first page face down on the scan glass of your PIXMA MP495.
3. In Scan/Import, click on Photos/Documents (Platen).
4. Select Document Type according to the document to be scanned.
5. Click Specify and select Auto Detect (Multiple Documents) and click OK.
6. Click the green Scan button.
When scanning is completed, the Scan Complete dialog box opens. Select Scan or Exit. Select Scan to scan the next document, or select Exit to end.
The scanned images appear in the Thumbnail window.
7. Once the page are scanned and you have clicked EXIT, click Save as PDF file.
8. You can give file a name and specify the location where to save it.
9. Click the Save button and the PDF will be created and saved in the location with the name that you specified.
02-23-2021 02:51 PM
On your keyboard, hold down the Windows key and press the letter Q, then let both go.
In the search window, type MP Navigator EX. Click on that application in the results that appear above.