cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning Issues with MacOS Catalina

ritaallen307
Contributor

I have a Pixma MG7120 and run it on MacOS Catalina v10.15.2.  Since the Catalina upgrade I have not been able to scan from My Image Garden.  The option is there, but it is greyed out.  I have gone through the listed drivers on your product page and none of them seem to help.  My current printer firmware is 4.060.  Is anyone else having this problem, or have you figured out a way to resolve it? HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ritaallen307
Contributor
I ended up resolving this yesterday. I had downloaded the most current drivers off of the site and was still having the problem. What I wasn’t doing was deleting the printer from my Mac and then adding it back. I called tech support and this is what he had me do. Worked great! Now I just have to get used to using Image Capture instead of My Image Garden (which I never really found useful anyway) to do my scans.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Do you have v4.13a of the Scanner Driver for Catalina OS installed?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ritaallen307
Contributor
I ended up resolving this yesterday. I had downloaded the most current drivers off of the site and was still having the problem. What I wasn’t doing was deleting the printer from my Mac and then adding it back. I called tech support and this is what he had me do. Worked great! Now I just have to get used to using Image Capture instead of My Image Garden (which I never really found useful anyway) to do my scans.

What exactly did you do to remove and then reinstall the printer?  I tried that but it would not work for me.  The printer keeps telling me to "set the PC to start scanning".  

Announcements