cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner will not connect

SherriSwid
Apprentice

Hi - I have MX452 printer. I downloaded the Canon IJ Scan utility also. I can print wirelessly no problem. However, when I attempt to scan I get a message that the scanner is not connected. When I click on the scan tool - it also tells me PC is not connected (however, my printer is definitely connected to the WIFI). 

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi SherriSwid,

So we can best assist you, please let us know version of Windows or Macintosh is installed on your computer? 

We look forward to your reply.

hi Patrick:  I have a Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5

Thank you!

adirondack44
Apprentice

Have a Canon mg3500 printer/scanner.  Have been using it regularly.  We unplugged it to reconfigure our set up. Replugged it  and now cannot get connection with the computer. It is possible to use the printer separately. 

Hi, adirondack44!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thank you for your post!

So that the Community can better assist you, we will need to know the exact printer model you are using and exactly what Computer Operating System you have (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x).

Any other details you can provide will greatly help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Warik
Apprentice

Yes,

had similar problem where CAnnon TS9560 won't connect for scanning, despite the printer working fine.

I finally found a solution - use Windows Fax and Scanner program (App). You should already have this if you are running Windows.

I can scan just fine using that program.

Cannon - fix this annoying bug!

Announcements