cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner not working: PIXMA MG6220, Mac OS 10.13.3, MP Navigator EX 5.0

RBR
Apprentice

I have reset everything I could on the printer. I am connected to my Mac via a USB cable. I cleared my printers in System Preferences and selected the MG6220 there. I was able to successfully print out a document. I remain unable to connect to the scanner function however.

When ustilizing the select scanner function from within the MP Navigator, there is nothing to select. My guess is that the MP Navigator does not "see" the MG6220.

I had not used the printer in some time as I needed to get some ink cartridges which I have installed. There have been system OS updates during that time and I have reinistalled the MP Navigator (5.0.4), IJ Network Selector (5.1.0) and driver (16.20.0.0). The Scanner Selector simply does not see any thing.

Please Help!

6 REPLIES 6

BillS
Mentor
Hi RBR, Let's test the hardware by scanning from a different program. 1. Click the Finder icon in the Dock at the bottom of your screen. 2. Click on "Go" in the Menu Bar at the top of the screen. 3. Select "Applications." 4. Select "Image Capture." 5. If you see the message "No camera or scanner is selected," hover your mouse over "Devices" or "Shared," then press "Show." 6. Select your printer. 7. You can press "Scan" to begin immediately, or "Show Details" for more options. Are you able to acquire an image? This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.   Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for responding BillS. I was under a time crunch and sought assistance from tech support who were very helpful. There must have been some problem with the driver(s) installed. Once things were wiped clean and completely reinstalled the system functioned properly. Thank you again.

I tried the HW test you provided to RBR...I do acquire an image...but It does not allow me to go any further, nor does it recognize any other subsequent pages.  Normally all my scans come into my MAC via the Navigator.  It seems as if my Navigator SW is not responding at all.    I can see the image, but I can't put it anywhere.  Please help.

Thanks,

jcgormanca

jcgormanca,

Make sure that the latest CUPS printer driver and scanner driver are installed.  Visit www.usa.canon.com to access the downloads for your product.

If you continue to have difficulties, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Michael,

Thank you.  I have reinstalalled but the MG6220 is still not scanning, it only tells me it's processing and to please wait momentarily.    I noticed that on there is also a "FIRMWARE" update for my printer...do you think it could help?

Let me know.

thanks again...

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements