cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner not scanning

joe1921
Apprentice

Hi I have a Pixma MX 350, scanner & printer, which is connected wirelessly to my my Mac. I have recently installed the High Sierra OS version 10.13.1. The Mac no longer recognises the scanner but the printer still works. I have spoken to Apple support and they advise that this is an issue with the device. Is there a driver that I need to install and is it available?

Any advise would be welcome

4 REPLIES 4

rexus31
Contributor

Many are having this issue and from what I understand, Canon has no intentions of providing a software update.  I have started using Preview to scan.  In Preview>File>Import Image from Canon (insert model number).  It's is actually less steps than MP Navigator.

Hi thanks for the advise. I have tried to use preview but I do not get the option to Import Image. The option Import from scanner is greyed out so unable to use.

@joe1921 wrote:

Hi thanks for the advise. I have tried to use preview but I do not get the option to Import Image. The option Import from scanner is greyed out so unable to use.

How about Image Capture?

Tried Image Capture but no scanner found. looks like I will have wait for canon to update the drivers or buy a new scanner. Thanks for your help. Joe

Announcements