cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner not available while in use - error

ktbills
Contributor

I have been scanning over a home network to my iMac without problem from my MX922 without problem for some time.  Now I  get an error message 2.249.0, the scanner is not available while in use by another application or user...

Restarting things does not seem to help, nor does re-selectin the IMac as the scan destination.Running OSX 10.9.5.

How can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Ken

27 REPLIES 27

I'm not sure what driver I need for a CanoScan 9000F Mark II. In your post you suggest reloading the drivrs. Thanks for any help.

Don't know if I can help, but what operating system is your computer using?

I am using OSX 10.9.5

Larry, This seems to be a link to the right driver:

If you have questions about that, I would suggest you click on one of the Contact US links earlier in this thread from the folks at Canon and ask them to guide you to it.

I still don't really know how to fix this problem but in my case disconecting the power for a significant period of time (say 10+ minutes) seemed to be my best bet of everything I tried.

Good luck

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/scanners/film-negative-scanner/can...

Hello larry316!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA!

You'll find the Drivers and Software on our site HERE.

Once there, you'll want to download the file on the Drivers tab, and to ensure complete operation, you'll also want the My Image Garden software from the Software tab. 

Once you have those installed on your Mac, if you still have issues, our free, friendly, US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) will be happy to help get you up and running! They're available from 10am to 10pm Eastern Time Monday through Friday. 

I have windows 8 software and having same problem.

Canon has done a poor job resolving this issue.
I'm sure there is a simple, two-step solution, but the right person has not been assigned to this job. No one is auditing the lousy answers being posted here.

kindly please for windows 

Announcements