cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner no longer recognized after driver update

realtoast
Apprentice

I had updated my Mac to version OS X 10.11.6 (15G18013). After doing so, my computer no longer recognized my Canon MP560 Printer/Scanner. So I updated the Canon driver to MP560 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 11.7.1.0 (OS X). My printer now works, which is good. However, the scanner is now missing, altogether. When using the MP Navigator, when trying to scan I get error 2.248.0, "Scanner is not selected. Click [Scanner Selection] to select scanner. Scanner driver will be closed."

When I click the Scanner Selection button, a dialog pops up, "Scan-from-PC Settings", in the Network Device List, there no items from which to select. 

Also, I used to be able to, from my Mac Settings, select Printers and Scanners > Scanners and then scan directly from there. That option is no longer visible after the update. 

I also downloaded and installed the newest MP Navigator software, mmno-mac-mpnv30-1_0_0b-en.dmg.

What can I do?

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements